- About NCSS
- Conferences & Professional Learning
- Get Involved
- Rho Kappa
Proposals for NCSS Summer Workshops
NCSS is inviting members to submit proposals for Summer Workshops. Workshop proposals are accepted year round.
Proposals should include a one or two page outline of the workshop including the following:
- Short paragraph description for marketing in our newsletter, The Social Studies Professional, and email blasts.
- Short speaker bio(s) for registration page.
- Full address information, including a building and/or room number, and a link to the website of the location, if available.
- Tentative schedule for each day. Traditionally, ours have been 2 1/2 day events, but we are flexible if resources allow for longer programs.
- Lodging information, covering the "dorm" to "nice hotel" spectrum, within walking distance to be included as options in the confirmation letter. If you have secured a hotel room block, please let us know prior to signing the contract if you would like a second eye. Hotel room block information will be included on the workshop’s webpage, as well as in the confirmation letter.
- Transportation logistics to include the nearest major airport and train station.
- Availability of college credit and associated cost, if applicable. This is a major plus for those looking for credit opportunities.
- Budgetary expenses that includes materials, space rental, coffee/snack/meal items that would be part of the workshop events (some workshops have included a small reception or group dinner so people get to know each other), faculty expenses (from $250 - $500/day on a sliding scale based on the number of registrants), and secretarial help, if needed.
- Minimum and maximum number of attendees needed to make the workshop worthwhile.
We ask that you provide participants with a workshop evaluation form and those completed forms be forwarded to NCSS with final summary of expenditures.
NCSS workshops are scheduled during the summer, anytime between when school ends and pre-school year events begin. Workshops must achieve sufficient enrollment to cover all costs or they will be cancelled.
Proposals and questions should be directed to:
Conference Services and Education Manager
8555 16th St, Ste 500
Silver Spring, MD 20910